A+ SCHOOLS PROGRAM
One of the most important educational goals facing all Missouri schools is to reach out to students who may or may not be headed to college.The A+ Schools Program focuses on the total school effort to educate and graduate ALL students. Teachers must develop course performance standards to guide instruction for each class he/she teaches. Students will have to accomplish these performance standards for graduation. All students will select a course of study related to a career path reflecting their interests and abilities. The career path will be a guide toward the requirements needed to meet expectations for future employment.
. Graduate from high school
. Complete studies which are challenging and have clear learning expectations
. Continue education to a college, technical school, or a high-wage job with the necessary work place skills.
Students who graduate from a designated A+ high school may qualify for a state-paid financial incentive to attend any public community college or career/technical school in Missouri if the students successfully meet the A+ Schools Programs requirements.
To be eligible, a student must enter into a written A+ agreement with the school district and meet the following criteris:
- Complete the standards for graduation
- Maintain a cumulative 95% attendance rate for four years
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Complete 50 hours of district-supervised tutoring
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs
- If applicable, register with Selective Service
- Make a good faith effort to secure other federal funding opportunities (i.e., complete the FAFSA form)
Freshman are encouraged to register for the A+ Schools Program. Each fall there will be an informational meeting for students/parents.
Please direct any questions to Mr. Randy Glenn A+ Coordinator 660-834-4415 firstname.lastname@example.org